Another day, another dollar... or fifty cents...

The last few days were just your average days I guess you could say. The other day I posted again for the first time since 2010. It felt amazing to be able to put everything in writing again. For so long, things have been bottled up and they still are.

Over the past few days, some things have occurred that have really bothered me. Strictly speaking, this has been in my professional career however the fact that it could have really affected my personal life, really bothers me.

I am new with this company that I am working for and so far, I have really enjoyed the experience. My bosses are impressed and happy with my skill level and what I can bring to the table. I have a lot of respect for most of them and until this situation took place, I had respect for all of them. Last week, one of my managers called me late in the evening and blindsided me. Now this wasn't just a blindsided offer but it was done in a shady way. I have ambitions to promote within the company and I feel that I would be a good fit for a future management position but I want it done the right way with my direct managers supporting that. Being offered a position that does not exist and asking me to relocate is a shady way to promote and to be honest, it has made me a bit skeptical about things at this point.

Other than that, I have actually been pretty happy with things. I recently went and saw the movie Love, Simon. I must say, that was a pretty awesome movie. The journey that Simon takes is just a moving experience to watch and be apart of. While his story is one of a movie based ending, the journey that he takes is not. For years, I have struggled with my sexuality. I have friends that have struggled with theirs as well. The fact is, I wish for every young gay person out there, to have a coming out that is accepting and filled with support. Each and everyday, a young guy or girl is coming out to their family or friends and its 50/50 on whether it will go well or not. In 2018, no one should fear the process of coming out nor should they have to worry about it. Coming out should not really be a thing anymore. It should be treated just the same as being a heterosexual.

I guess in the times we live in, things have not really changed. In each part of the country, there is a different standard of living, standard of treating people and standard of accepting people for who they are. Maybe one day, everyone will take a deep breath and accept and love each other for who they are regardless of race, religion, creed, sexual orientation or financial status.

Stay frosty and take care of each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An over night in the metro boston area in EMS..

Dear dispatch.....

a little to add for It gets better...